Sunday, February 27, 2005

Mmm Ice Cream

As I sit here eating ice cream, I thought I'd say hi.

Not too much happening this weekend other than dodging Japanese homework and being mostly car-less. (in the shop till tomorrow but borrowing other cars) I missed Japanese all last week, (2 classes) Im so dead.

Last nite went to go see Meet the Fockers. It was mostly amusing (mostly because I had a few drinks before I went) but honestly a crappy movie. An easy formula to tell if a sequel is good or not is 'Would this be a good movie if the first one (or 8, whatever) didnt exist?' Fockers is a no. Casting was good and it was entertaining, but a movies in trouble when it has to refer to its preqel for jokes...

I also discovered something wonderful. You see, I love music, but I completely refuse to be one of those people (idiots) that puts 'now listening to _____' on the blog, beacuse I know 99% of normal people dont care. (Then again do 'normal' people read blogs?)

Anyway, Audioscrobbler has given me a solution and oh-so-much-more. Not only will it tell you what I've listened to lately, but also my favorite stuff overall. It also has streaming radio based on what I like to listen to AND I can surf others listings and listen to THEIR favorite music, helping me find new artists and such. My Music is now linked on the side of this blog. So feel free to look/listen to it.

Note their poor server is mostly horribly overloaded, so you may have to refresh once or twice in awhile. Its still worth it.

In website news, I fixed the major stumbling block of the new blog layout this week (check the Test Blog link at the right) But still have to tweak the sizes and colors and such. Ive also been working on learning php/mysql for the website. Once I figure this out Ill be able to add to the site much easier and better, but its somewhat infuriating to learn two things that intertwine at once, because if something goes wrong Im not sure which. (although I seem to have an easier time with php)

Anyway, before this becomes another HUGE post...

Links of the day!


Be an artist. This is so cool. Heres my butchering of an online friends work (I did the end) Then she butchered mine (should be obvious) And I even used it to put a smile on a friends face. (and no, I cant draw)
My wonderful sensei's site Too bad I cant keep up...
Finally, someone tell me what the heck this is.

No comments: