Sunday, July 08, 2007

BIWAKO!!!

Lake Biwako just absolutely rocked. I was somewhat sceptic (as my previous posts show) but it was very fun. The lake is the largest lake in Japan. It is no Michigan but you cannot see across. I wonder how it sizes up to say Salt Lake... The water was cool and nice, but if it was Lake Mission Viejo they probably would have it closed to swimming. The only bad part of the whole time is since it is a lake, the 'sand' isn't quite smooth because there is not enough wave action (hey I learned something in Oceanography!) and my feet got destroyed. I always wear shoes so my feet are pretty tender. After a few beers at the bbq, I forgot about it and just ran around barefoot (the sandals dont fit) beating them up even more. (I gained 2 large cuts on the bottom of my big toe)

Everyone was just great and it was a really great time. It was the mini vacation we all really needed and I really didn't want to leave. There are a lot more details in the pictures I am uploading now. Unfortunately school starts again tomorrow..... And I have yet to do homework so I will keep this short.


Links of the day!


na....

No comments: